Reaction to corona virus
Information for customers and partners on the corona virus
Schmalz takes its duty of care towards employees and business partners very seriously. We have taken various preventive measures at an early stage to avoid the spread of the virus.
Each Schmalz company implements its own protective measures, depending on what the local situation in the respective country requires at any given time. If you have any questions, please contact your local contact person.
Measures at our headquarters in Glatten, Germany
- We initiated comprehensive hygiene measures at an early stage. Hand disinfectants are placed throughout the company, contact surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- We strictly keep distance, we attach great importance to hygiene measures and wear mouth-and-nose-masks whenever necessary. All employees are equipped with mouth-and-nose masks.
- Employees are comprehensively informed about current regulations and measures via a wide range of communication channels.
- For prevention, employees who are able to do so work from home. Otherwise, we strictly separate teams.
- We offer our employees the best possible flexibility, even because of changing childcare hours in schools and Kindergartens.
- Communication via digital channels often replaces personal meetings.
- Visits by our field staff and service technicians are possible. Of course, we also comply with all applicable regulations and hygiene measures.
- Visits to Glatten, for example for product tests, are also possible if the hygiene regulations are observed.
- Business trips to other European countries are possible under special conditions. Travel to non-European countries is currently still prohibited.
- Our ability to deliver is guaranteed. We are in close contact with our suppliers in order to ensure our ability to deliver in the long term.
Our interdisciplinary crisis team examines and evaluates the situation very carefully in order to derive further measures if necessary.
For further inquiries:
Manja Hies, Manager Quality and Sustainability
T: +49 7443 2403-7205