Picking up and Lifting the Load
- The vacuum generator (pump, blower or ejector) generates a vacuum in the system by continually evacuating air.
- The difference between the negative pressure and the ambient pressure draws the workpiece to the suction pad. This is generally called "picking up" the workpiece.
- Once the workpiece has been picked up, the flow rate causes the lift tube to contract. The workpiece is then lifted.
Lowering and Releasing the Load
- Operating the control element feeds atmospheric air into the system ("venting"). The vacuum is reduced.
- This causes the lift tube to expand and the load is lowered. The lifting height can be precisely controlled by controlling the amount of atmospheric air that is fed into the system. To release the load, the vacuum is completely eliminated through maximum venting (pressing the control button down fully).