Magnetic grippers provide safe gripping of ferromagnetic workpieces by using the magnetic field of an integrated permanent magnet. The magnet is moved with compressed air to activate and deactivate gripping. Magnetic grippers are operated with pneumatic valves. The gripper does not require a voltage source for this purpose.
Advantages of magnetic grippers:
- Safe gripping with a permanent magnet is possible without voltage source
- Control of permanent magnet with compressed air and vacuum
Typical areas of application:
- Handling of ferromagnetic workpieces
- Handling of blanks and perforated plates as well as sheet metalparts with drilled holes/breakouts or complex shapes
- Support of vacuum gripping system in highly dynamic handlingof sheet metal parts